HEN Film Feastival 2019
Date: October 27, 2019
- Location: Science History Institute
HEN’s 13th Annual Film Feastival and Awards Ceremony
- Theme: Connecting the Dots: Food, Health, Agriculture, Environment & Climate
- When: Sunday, Oct. 27, 5:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Where: The Science History Institute, 315 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia (walkable: 0.9 miles from the Convention Center)
- Pending 2 CPEU
, by Linda Booker (32 minutes) http://www.strawsfilm.com/
about the planetary and public health impacts of single use plastics; and, Right to Harm
, Executive producer Mark Bittman and directed by Matt Wechsler and Annie Speicher (33 minutes) https://righttoharm.film/
, exposes the devastating public health impact of factory farming on disadvantaged citizens throughout the United States.
Both films and panelists will foster discussion of climate impacts, racial and environmental injustice, and policy action steps we can take home to our communities.
Film screening will be preceded by a reception with a sustainably sourced menu, and libations provided by Feast Your Eyes http://www.feastyoureyescatering.com/, networking and awards ceremony. Book sales and signing with Judy Wicks following panel discussion.
- Early registration through September 30, 2019
- Registration will close on Sunday, October 20, 2019
| Early Registration || Late Registration |
| HEN Member: $30|| HEN Member: $40|
| HEN Student Member: $30|| HEN Student Member $40|
| Academy Member: $40|| Academy Member: $50|
| Academy Student Member: $30|| Academy Student Member: $40|
| Non-Member: $40|| Non-Member: $50|
Supporting Food Sleuth Radio interviews: