ACEND - March 2018 Program Director Workshop on Future Education Model Standards
Date: March 1 - 2, 2018
- Location: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
The Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND®) will be offering an Accreditation Workshop in Chicago, IL. The workshop is designed to help program directors and others interested in the ACEND Future Education Accreditation Standards learn about the standards and specific details on how to submit an application to be a demonstration program, prepare for self-study reports and host site visits. This workshop will focus on preparing an application or self-study report based on the new Future Education Model Accreditation Standards. During the workshop, interactive sessions cover the accreditation standards, how to conduct a self-study process and how to work with ACEND staff and reviewers. Individuals with a site visit scheduled in 2018 or later, individuals interested in applying to be a demonstration program and those interested in learning more about the Future Education Model programs are welcome and encouraged to attend. 12 hours (Level 2).
- Competency Based Education
- Standards on Program Characteristics and Resources
- Standards on Program Planning and Outcomes Evaluation
- Standards on Curriculum and Student Learning Objectives
- Standards on Faculty and Preceptors and Students
- Standards on Supervised Practice/Experiential Learning Sites
- Strategies and Resources to Help You Succeed
- Demonstration Program Application and Review
- Preparing Your Self-Study Report
- Preparing for Your On-Site Evaluation
- Procedures following the On-Site Evaluation
- Addressing the Board's Recommendations
Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday, March 2, 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM
12:30 PM-2:00 PM (Optional) Meet with ACEND staff to discuss program specific questions.
Location: ACEND Office, 120 S Riverside Plaza, Suite 2190, Chicago Il 60612
12 hours (Level 2)
Suggested Learning Needs Codes: 6060, 6070, 7100
Suggested Practice Competencies:
3.1, 6.1, 8.3, 9.5, 14.3
- Cost: $400 per attendee.
- Registration: To register visit: https://ams.eatright.org/eweb Registration is limited to the first 20 participants.
- Cancellations: Cancellations must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org in writing on or before February 20, 2018 will be refunded (minus a $50.00 processing fee). Registrations are non-refundable after February 20, 2018.
- Lodging and Transportation: Hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the attendee. Please do not make any non-refundable travel arrangements until you have received written confirmation from ACEND that you are enrolled in the workshop.
For information contact email@example.com or call (312) 899-0040 X 5400.