Adult NFPE Training Workshop (OPEN): San Juan Regional Medical Center, Farmington, NM - Friday, April 13, 2018
Date: April 13, 2018
- Location: San Juan Regional Medical Center
Adult NFPE Hands-On Training Workshop
Friday, April 13, 2018
San Juan Regional Medical Center, Farmington, NM
7:30am – 4:30pm
Please join us for an interactive, hands-on NFPE training workshop to provide registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) with the skills and knowledge necessary to perform NFPEs at their clinic, hospital, or patient center to aid in the diagnosis of malnutrition.
After attending the NFPE Hands-On Training Workshop, the RDN workshop participant will be able to:
- Recognize the role of the NFPE in identifying malnutrition
- Assess muscle wasting and fat loss
- Evaluate the presence of edema or fluid accumulation
- Identify clinical signs of micronutrient deficiencies and toxicities
- Measure functional status using hand grip strength dynamometer
- Demonstrate basic NFPE skills on actual patients**
Attendees have the opportunity to practice on real patients during rounds with Academy trainers in very small groups (6 participants and 1 trainer)
Attendees earn 10 CEUs
Attendees are also prepared to return to their facility and train RDN colleagues who can in turn earn 8 CEUs for $75. Ask your facility whether they will reimburse your costs!
Early Bird Cost: $400 for Academy members, $450 for Non-members
Standard Registration Cost: $450 for Academy members, $500 for Non-members
*Early Bird Registration Deadline: Friday, March 9, 2018*
To register for this NFPE Hands-On Training Workshop click the REGISTER button below.
**$50 cancellation fee will be applied to cancellations made on or before Friday, March 9, 2018**
No refunds will be issued after the above specified date.