Adult NFPE Training Workshop (OPEN): Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, GA - March 27, 2018
Date: March 27, 2018
- Location: Emory University Hospital
Adult NFPE Hands-On Training Workshop
Tuesday, March 27, 2018
Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, GA
7:30am – 4:30pm
Prior to registering for this NFPE Workshop, please review the following and confirm you are able to complete each of the facility requirements. Please do not register if you are unable to complete any of the following. The completed forms must be emailed to email@example.com by Thursday, March 1, 2018. The forms will be sent in a separate email after registration. Any questions, contact Beth Mordarski, NFPE Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312-899-4707.
Facility requirements for all RDN participants for the patient rounds portion of the workshop MUST complete the following:
- Exhibit C - HIPAA, Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Statement (signature needed)
- Exhibit D - Required Immunizations (documentation for MMR, TB, Varicella, Hepatitis B, Flu vaccine);
- Exhibit E - Health Screen Form (complete questionnaire and signature needed);
- Exhibit I - Observer Required Regulatory Courses (hyperlink will be shared in emailed documents and signature required, along with **approximately 5.5 hours to complete facility required online courses)
- Document of verification of Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) credential
- Identify Verification Attestation for Observership Applicants form and Photo ID (provide copy of state or federally issued photo ID and signature needed)
Please join us for an interactive, hands-on NFPE training workshop to provide registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) with the skills and knowledge necessary to perform NFPEs at their clinic, hospital, or patient center to aid in the diagnosis of malnutrition.
After attending the NFPE Hands-On Training Workshop, the RDN workshop participant will be able to:
- Recognize the role of the NFPE in identifying malnutrition
- Assess muscle wasting and fat loss
- Evaluate the presence of edema or fluid accumulation
- Identify clinical signs of micronutrient deficiencies and toxicities
- Measure functional status using hand grip strength dynamometer
- Demonstrate basic NFPE skills on actual patients**
Attendees have the opportunity to practice on real patients during rounds with Academy trainers in very small groups (6 participants and 1 trainer).
Attendees earn 10 CEUs
Attendees are also prepared to return to their facility and peer train RDN colleagues who can in turn earn 8 CEUs for $75. Ask your facility whether they will reimburse your costs!
Early Bird Cost: $400 for Academy members, $450 for Non-members
Standard Registration Cost: $450 for Academy members, $500 for Non-members
*Early Bird Registration Deadline: Friday, February 16, 2018*
To register for this NFPE Hands-On Training Workshop click the REGISTER button below.
**$50 cancellation fee will be applied to cancellations made on or before Tuesday, February 13, 2018**
No refunds will be issued after the above specified date.