ACEND - February 2018 Program Director Workshop
Date: February 22 - 23, 2018
The Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND®) will be offering an Accreditation Workshop in Chicago, IL. The workshop is designed to help program directors and others interested in ACEND accreditation learn the latest accreditation standards and specific details on how to prepare for self-study reports, program assessment reports and site visits. This workshop will focus on preparing a self-study report or PAR based on the new 2017 standards (revised 2012 standards). During the workshop, interactive sessions cover plans for pass rate improvement, how to conduct a self-study process and how to work with ACEND staff and reviewers. Individuals with a PAR or site visit scheduled in 2017 or later, individuals interested in starting a new ACEND accredited program and newly appointed program directors, are welcome and encouraged to attend. 12 hours (Level 2) with 7 additional CPEs credit for completing the ACEND Accreditation Modules.
- Standards on Program Characteristics and Resources
- Standards on Program Planning and Outcomes Evaluation
- Standards on Curriculum and Student Learning Objectives
- Standards on Faculty and Preceptors and Students
- Standards on Supervised Practice/Experiential Learning Sites
- Strategies and Resources to Help You Succeed
- Preparing Your Self-Study Report
- Preparing for Your On-Site Evaluation
- Procedures following the On-Site Evaluation
- Addressing the Board's Recommendations
Thursday, February 22, 2018, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday, February 23, 2018, 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
1:00 PM-2:00 PM (Optional) Meet with ACEND staff to discuss program specific questions.
Location: Chicago, IL
12 hours (Level 2) with 7 additional CPEs credit for completing the ACEND Accreditation Modules
Suggested Learning Needs Codes: 6060, 6070, 7100
Suggested Practice Competencies:
3.1, 6.1, 8.3, 9.5, 14.3
- Cost: $475 per attendee or $350 for new directors of ACEND accredited programs who have paid the $250 substantive program change fee.
- Registration: To register visit: https://ams.eatright.org/eweb Registration is limited to the first 40 participants.
- Cancellations: Cancellations must be submitted to email@example.com in writing on or before February 15, 2018 will be refunded (minus a $50.00 processing fee). Registrations are non-refundable after February 15, 2018.
- Lodging and Transportation: Hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the attendee.
Please do not make any non-refundable travel arrangements until you have received written confirmation from ACEND that you are enrolled in the workshop.