Adult NFPE Training Workshop (OPEN): Menifee Valley Medical Center, Menifee, CA - Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Date: April 10, 2019
- Location: Menifee Valley Medical Center
Adult NFPE Hands-On Training Workshop
Pre-CA Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics Annual Conference 2019
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Menifee Valley Medical Center, Menifee, CA
7:30am – 4:30pm
Please join us for an interactive, hands-on NFPE training workshop to provide registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) with the skills and knowledge necessary to perform NFPEs at their clinic, hospital, or patient center to aid in the diagnosis of malnutrition.
After attending the NFPE Hands-On Training Workshop, the RDN workshop participant will be able to:
- Recognize the role of the NFPE in identifying malnutrition
- Assess muscle wasting and fat loss
- Evaluate the presence of edema or fluid accumulation
- Identify clinical signs of micronutrient deficiencies and toxicities
- Measure functional status using hand grip strength dynamometer
- Demonstrate basic NFPE skills on actual patients**
Attendees have the opportunity to practice on real patients during rounds with Academy trainers in very small groups (6 participants and 1 trainer).
Attendees earn 10 CEUs
Attendees are also prepared to return to their facility and peer train RDN colleagues who can in turn earn 8 CEUs for $75. Ask your facility whether they will reimburse your costs!
Early Bird Cost: $400 for Academy members, $525 for Non-members
Standard Registration Cost: $475 for Academy members, $600 for Non-members
*Early Bird Registration Deadline: Friday, March 1, 2019*
To register for this NFPE Hands-On Training Workshop click the REGISTER button below.
**$100 cancellation fee will be applied to cancellations made on or before Friday, March 8, 2019**
No refunds will be issued after the above specified date.