ACEND - October 2018 Program Director Workshop (2017 Standards)
Date: October 19 - 20, 2018
The Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND®
) will be offering an Accreditation Workshop prior to FNCE®
in Washington, DC. The workshop is designed to help dietetic education program directors and others interested in ACEND accreditation learn the latest accreditation standards and specific details on how to prepare for self-study reports, program assessment reports and site visits. This workshop will focus on preparing a self-study report or PAR based on the new 2017 standards (revised 2012 standards). During the workshop, interactive sessions cover plans for pass rate improvement, how to conduct a self-study process and
how to work with ACEND staff and reviewers. Individuals with a PAR or site visit scheduled in 2017 or later, individuals interested in applying to start a new ACEND accredited program, as well as newly appointed program directors, are welcome and encouraged to attend. 12 hours (Level 2) with 7 additional CPEs credit for completing the ACEND Accreditation Modules.
- Standards on Program Eligibility for ACEND Accreditation
- Standards on Program Planning and Outcomes Assessment
- Standards on Curriculum and Student Learning Objectives
- Standards on Program Staff and Resources
- Standards on Students
- Strategies and Resources to Help You Succeed
- Preparing Your Self-Study Report
- Preparing for Your On-Site Evaluation
- Procedures following the On-Site Evaluation
- Addressing the Board's Recommendations
Friday, October 19, 2018, 11:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Saturday, October 20, 2018, 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
2-3:00 PM Optional - meet with ACEND staff
Location: Food and Nutrition Conference Expo (FNCE)
12 hours (Level 2) with 7 additional CPEs credit for completing the ACEND Accreditation Modules.
Suggested Learning Needs Codes:
6060, 6070, 7100
- Cost: $475 per attendee or $350 for new directors of ACEND accredited programs who have paid the $250 substantive program change fee.
- Registration: To register visit: https://ams.eatright.org/eweb Registration is limited to the first 50 participants.
- Cancellations: Cancellations must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org in writing on or before October 10, 2018 will be refunded (minus a $50.00 processing fee). Registrations are non-refundable after October 10, 2018.
- Lodging and Transportation: Hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the attendee. Please do not make any non-refundable travel arrangements until you have received written confirmation from ACEND that you are enrolled in the workshop.
For information contact email@example.com or call (312) 899-0040 X 5400.