ACEND - October 2018 Program Director Workshop (2017 Standards)
Date: October 19 - 20, 2018
The Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND®
) will be offering an Accreditation Workshop prior to FNCE®
at the Marriott Marquis Hotel, Independence BC Ballroom in Washington, DC. The workshop is designed to help dietetic education program directors and others interested in ACEND accreditation learn the latest accreditation standards and specific details on how to prepare for self-study reports, program assessment reports and site visits. This workshop will focus on preparing a self-study report or PAR based on the new 2017 standards (revised 2012 standards). During the workshop, interactive sessions cover plans for pass rate improvement, how to conduct a self-study process and how to work with ACEND staff and reviewers. Individuals with a PAR or site visit scheduled in 2017 or later, individuals interested in applying to start a new ACEND accredited program, as well as newly appointed program directors, are welcome and encouraged to attend. 12 hours (Level 2) with 7 additional CPEs credit for completing the ACEND Accreditation Modules.
- Standards on Program Eligibility for ACEND Accreditation
- Standards on Program Planning and Outcomes Assessment
- Standards on Curriculum and Student Learning Objectives
- Standards on Program Staff and Resources
- Standards on Students
- Strategies and Resources to Help You Succeed
- Preparing Your Self-Study Report
- Preparing for Your On-Site Evaluation
- Procedures following the On-Site Evaluation
- Addressing the Board's Recommendations
Friday, October 19, 2018, 11:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Saturday, October 20, 2018, 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
2-3:00 PM Optional - meet with ACEND staff
Location: Marriott Marquis Hotel, Independence BC Ballroom; Washington, DC
Food and Nutrition Conference Expo (FNCE)
12 hours (Level 2) with 7 additional CPEs credit for completing the ACEND Accreditation Modules.
Suggested Learning Needs Codes:
6060, 6070, 7100
- Cost: $475 per attendee or $350 for new directors of ACEND accredited programs who have paid the $250 substantive program change fee.
- Registration: To register visit: https://ams.eatright.org/eweb Registration is limited to the first 50 participants.
- Cancellations: Cancellations must be submitted to email@example.com in writing on or before October 10, 2018 will be refunded (minus a $50.00 processing fee). Registrations are non-refundable after October 10, 2018.
- Lodging and Transportation: Hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the attendee. Please do not make any non-refundable travel arrangements until you have received written confirmation from ACEND that you are enrolled in the workshop.
For information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 899-0040 X 5400.