Digestive Diseases Nutrition Series 2020, Hosted by DIGID, a Subunit of the Dietitians in Medical Nutrition Therapy DPG
Date: November 8 - 12, 2020
Join us November 8th - 12th for the first annual Digestive Diseases Nutrition Series. This virtual event will be hosted by Dietitians in Gluten and Gastrointestinal Disorders (DIGID), a sub-unit of Dietitians in Medical Nutrition Therapy (DMNT) dietetic practice group, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (https://www.dmntdpg.org/
). The event includes 5 presentations on topics ranging from constipation to probiotics, and IBD to NAFLD.
Time: 7:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. EST/6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. CST/5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. MST/4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. PST
Probiotics: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Emily Haller, MS, RDN, and Amanda Lynett, RDN
|Monday, November 9|
Using Diet as Therapy for IBD: MD and RD Perspectives
Kelly Issokson, MS, RD, CNSC, and Eric Vasiliauskas, MD
|Tuesday, November 10||Approaches for Treatment and Management for NAFLD and IFALD|
Neha Shah, MPH, RD, CNSC, CHES, and Carol Ireton-Jones, PhD, RDN, LD, CNSC, FAND, FASPEN
|Wednesday, November 11||Unresponsive IBS and Troubleshooting the Low FODMAP Diet|
Emma Halmos, PhD, APD
|Thursday, November 12||Constipation Is Complicated: Understanding Constipation Sub-types, Nutrition and Physical Therapy Interventions|
Kate Scarlata, MPH, RDN, and Caryn Phillips, PT, DPT
- Increase knowledge on a variety of gastrointestinal-related nutrition topics.
- Discuss benefits and risks related to probiotic use
- Explain evidence supporting diet therapy in helping people with IBD achieve and maintain remission.
- Recognize risk factors and causes of constipation; summarize beneficial treatments utilized by interdisciplinary team members for constipation.
- Address difficulties and limitations of application of the low FODMAP diet; review alternative treatments for IBS.
- Understand normal liver physiology; define NAFLD and IFALD; assess and identify patients at risk; and summarize evidence-based nutrition interventions that may assist in the management of these conditions.
CPE Program Level:
Level 2: General knowledge of literature and professional practice in areas covered.
| Membership Type|| Early Bird*||Standard|
| DMNT Members||$49||$59 |
| DMNT Student Members||$10||$10 |
| Academy Members||$89||$99 |
| Academy Student Members||$29 ||$29 |
| Non-Academy Members||$119 ||$129 |
*Early Bird cut-off is Wednesday, September 30